Sunday 18 November 2012

Victoria's Secret - Bond Street

On Thursday I finally had the chance to visit Victoria's Secret flagship store on Bond St. The drama in this store is incredible! This is one of the best flagship stores I have ever seen. The window displays are the same as their Stratford store and feature the outfits from the Victoria's Secret catwalk show.
                                                                                 









The ground floor is mainly black and looks like the foyer to a posh hotel. There are also door men which makes the whole experience feel expensive. This is where most of the premium underwear is as well as the cosmetics and perfume.  




Downstairs, the basement floor is for a younger customer and is home to the 'PINK' range of underwear, sportswear, pyjamas and loungewear. 








The 1st floor displays more underwear and is like barbies dream house. Everything is pink. The table fixtures display neat folding of each item with draws underneath with the full size range, 1 draw to each size. Not only does this keep the store looking tidy it also encourages you to explore! The store are also happy for you to take pictures in the store which is a nice change!











The very top floor is the VIP area and has customer toilets. The crystal staircase has dark lighting with the back wall being a huge video screen showing footage of the Victoria's Secret catwalk show.



I didn't know much about the brand before but was so impressed with the store! When you look at the product on it's own it's not that original but when visiting the store it is so tempting to buy because it is displayed so well! I can't imagine any girl that wouldn't love this store, both me and my friend didn't want to leave! The only slightly negative thing I can say about the whole experience is the staff were a little bit annoying. There were about 10 staff on each floor and each one said Hello to us, which I know is their job but it just got a bit annoying when we were trying to look round. One girl even said  'Hey guys what can I help you with?' and stopped right in front of us when we were just looking around which was quite awkward!

Victoria's Secret: Bond Street, London

2 comments:

  1. I went a few weeks ago but had to leave the store after 5 minutes! It was so so busy (maybe they had just opened a few days ago) and I found the ground floor too dark to actually focus on the product, it was as if the visual merchandising was more important than the product itself. It reminded me slightly of Hollister, where the music is so loud and I can't see a thing! Maybe I just have to go on a quiet day like Monday... xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah I went on a thursday morning and it was really quiet there was hardly anyone in there. I agree about Hollister the girl at the entrance was dancing when we came in and was like 'hey guys!!' I think the VM is amazing but when you look at the actual product it's not that great! xx

    ReplyDelete